The Road to Confidence: The Violet way.

Hooray, the road to confidence is back with another look! Before I get into this look, some people have asked me why the name of this series is “Road to Confidence” and what the significance is.

The Road to Confidence is a fortnightly (where possible) series that I’ve started up to document some looks that I come up with or work in collaboration with other bloggers for. When I first started this blog, I was lacking in all kinds of self-esteem with regards to my looks. I still am, though working with the blog has allowed me to grow and build that confidence within myself. So in another attempt to build that self-esteem through makeup, I will be using makeup to create different looks to allow me to see what suits me, and what doesn’t. It will allow me to play and create art which I adore, though I can never hope to be as good as my idol, manwomanfilm, though I will definitely keep trying. So while I’m playing and trying, I will be documenting my progress within my series: road to confidence.

My best blogging buddy Violet has been vital to this series. She was actually the first person to try something beyond my comfort zone on me. It was definitely a learning adventure, as Violet hasn’t had too much experience doing makeup on people other than herself and it was a good chance for me to learn from the pros. We had a lot of fun that day, and the look you see today is courtesy of Miss Violet!

I don’t actually remember the products used, but don’t fret as Violet will be releasing a tutorial on this look. We did learn however that the usual eyeshadow to brow look that Violet uses on herself so often really doesn’t work for me! Green, however, a colour that I don’t normally use seems to suit me quite well, so that was a huge plus!

It was also my first time using false lashes. I think that really started the whole thing rolling as I can’t be without falsies now. I love how I look with falsies too much.

But there’s a surprise to this. This is merely half of the look! To see what Violet did to my hair, you will have to head over to her site. Check it out!

Edit: Updated with vid for your viewing pleasure!

I should also point out that I had a HELLA lot of fun doing this vid and watching it afterwards. I’m the master of making rude comments at myself!!

Photos by the amazing Jimmy

12 Responses to "The Road to Confidence: The Violet way."

1. Jeneara

June 6, 2011 at 6:20 pm

I love this look! very bright and eye catching but not too bright. The green with the soft colours around it works so well. A splash of colour surrounded by silver and black!

I love red lips. there are so vintage and add a touch of glamour to every look!
    Can’t wait to see your hair!!!

Jen
    Jeneara recently posted..Gmarket

• Celeste

June 6, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Aw thanks Jen! Hope you saw what Violet did to my hair? ^_~

• Jeneara

June 7, 2011 at 3:46 am

Yes omg! so violet! and the hime style looked great on you!
        So very cute!

I’d love to do your hair up in Victory curls one day! (the 40′s-50′s top curl style)
        Jeneara recently posted..Gmarket

• Celeste

June 15, 2011 at 10:30 am

Ooh, I can’t imagine how that would look like! We need a girlies night in!

2. Tamara

June 6, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Ohhh I love the thought behind this series. And the green eyeshadow does suit you ^^!
    Plus the photos are gorgeous.

Don’t worry dear, you DO look beautiful! Confidence is not about make up, even if make up does help a bit ;)!

• Celeste

June 6, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I have lots of confidence in my work and everything else but having grown up the way I have, meant a huge complex about my looks! I’m slowly learning how to accept the way I look and to love myself for the way I am. =) It’s a work in progress but at least it’s progressing!

3. msmadamemakeup

June 6, 2011 at 10:44 pm

what a great idea!!! sounds like so much fun! cant wait to see ur next look xx
    msmadamemakeup recently posted..HOW TO CONTOUR HOODED EYES

• Celeste

June 6, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Did you see my previous looks , I particularly like the first one that I did that was inspired by RAFW! Can’t wait to play more with my makeup, hopefully be as good as you one day!

4. imuin

June 7, 2011 at 2:38 pm

afdhfhfj <3 I love the video. YOU CANT STOP GRINNING AND LAUGHING! XD XD XD

Y SO PRETTEH?!? D:

5. Megan

June 9, 2011 at 12:25 am

Gorgeous Celeste, you look amazing!
    I loved the video, you looked like you had so much fun! I can’t believe how big Violet got your hair! I love it!

xoxo