Advertorial: How I do my bare minimum makeup look.
I love gadgets. I love technology. We live in a wonderful time and my growing girth is the testimony to my love of convenience (and my love of food, but that’s not the point here.) I have a rubbish bin in my house that has a motion sensor built into it. When you hover your hand over the lid, it opens automatically. Who needs step bins?
It’s the same with beauty gadgets. I’ll buy into a lot of gimmicks because I love genius ideas. Much like the Clearasil Perfectawash: it is your typical facial wash but with a touch of cool in its packaging. The dispenser comes with an inbuilt motion sensor which detects your hand and dispenses the perfect amount of facial wash.
The reasoning behind such a product was apparently the result of a study done by Clearasil, in which it was found that many people overdose on facial wash. Why you would run such a study is beyond me. Is it possible to be addicted to facial wash? I think I am, as I caught myself dumping enough facial wash into my palm to wash 5 faces the other morning. I think that it’s hard to really be thinking about how big a 5 cent coin is when you are half asleep in the mornings!
To illustrate, I made a little video. It’s a little dodgy, a little stupid, and a whole lot of new. I don’t normally do videos, though I must drop the smallest of hints that I may be taking a step towards my own YouTube channel. ¬_¬;;;;;
I thought that I’d share with you my bare essential makeup look. It’s horrendously simple, and horrifyingly dodgy. I should be ashamed to call myself a beauty blogger! But some days, it’s just impossible to actually have enough time to pretty up, so the bare essentials will have to do when I can’t just get away with no makeup at all.
Things you should know about Clearasil:
- Perfecta Wash claims to contain pimple fighting ingredients.
- The automated dispenser delivers exactly 1.5ml of product each time.
- Available in Super Fruit Extract and Soothing Plant Extract.
- Suitable for young adults of all skin types.
- The Super Fruit extract formula is scented.
- Retails for $19.99 with the dispenser; $11.99 refills only.
I found that:
- The sensor is very sensitive. I kept forgetting it existed and tried to move it around before turning it off. This resulted in many hilarious accidents.
- I love the fact that it dispenses the exact amount.
- I love even more, the fact that I don’t even have to think about how much to use.
- I like the idea of the refills.
- It does a really good job at cleaning my face; however, I found it a little too harsh for the dry areas of my face.
- I did not have any pimple breakouts while trialling this product.
- I did note that the dispenser was somewhat chunky, and not many of us have that much sink space.
- I think this would be the perfect product for folks with oily skin.
Not having used this product for too long, I don’t know how long the AA batteries powering the dispenser will last for. I will be blogging about the Clearasil Perfecta Wash again sometime soon, so we shall see. Till next time!