The Road to Confidence: Bright Green Eyes

This is a sponsored post.

It’s been awhile since my last Road to Confidence post, and indeed it has been awhile since I had the time to sit down to play with my makeup collection. It’s so easy to just let everything fall to the wayside once life gets hectic. I know that when I got stressed back in September, my good eating habits all went poof!

Still, we gotta take the time to chill at some point, and so when Sherry came over last weekend, we took the time to play with makeup and this was the look that I ended up with. I have to warn you first that the lighting at my house was really quite bad, and since I’m too poor to get my photography lights right now, we’ve just had to go with what we had.

I fell in love with the look, to be honest. I had been inspired by the amazing Megan from Make Up Store who had the most beautiful eyes at our previous #ABBM and had vowed to try something similar. This was my take on it! I love those lashes as well. So incredibly soft and so crazily out there!

In fact, I loved it so much, I decided to film a video tutorial on it. Hope you enjoy!

Did you notice the little naughty thing I did in my video? I admitted to one of my biggest naughty moves of all time: I don’t use foundation or bb cream anymore.

Why? Because I don’t feel that I need to cover my skin up anymore.
How? Because I have been paying attention to skincare and actually cleaning my face properly.

Many girls tell me that they can’t possibly walk out without any makeup, but have a think about it. If you have good skin, why would you need foundation? So the key isn’t in getting amazing foundations, the key is in getting better skincare products. Simple, really.

I’ll leave you with a few more photos from the night. Not exactly the best, but hey, I had fun and that’s the main point right? Let me know if you decide to try this look, I’d love to see your version!

By the way, the giveaway date has been extended! Rafflecopter will once more be opened for entries till the 5th of November so if you haven’t entered, here’s your 2nd chance! Be quick as you aren’t going to get another chance after this!

7 Responses to "The Road to Confidence: Bright Green Eyes"

1. Natsumi

October 31, 2012 at 11:22 am

Good job on not wearing foundation! I seriously think it’s useless and doesn’t do anything if you’re unhappy with the state of your skin, just emphasizes everything! I used to never bother with putting anything on my face but sadly Australia makes me tan even if I’m exposed for a minute so sunscreen is a must, sigh.
    I like the look but honestly think the lashes take over it entirely. Not a fan of fake lashes but always feel like running a finger over them – isn’t it tempting to do that all the time?
    xo

• Celeste

October 31, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Haha yes, they do completely take over don’t they? That’s what I love about them though, so crazily over the top and so amazingly long XD

I do run my fingers over them a lot, I’m not a fan of mascara so false lashes are my best friend! They are a lot less hassle than trying to put on mascara, I feel. Stick them on and instant lashes!

I must admit to using sunscreen a lot less than I should. I hate the tanning, absolutely detest it, but seem to hate putting on sunscreen even more! =(

2. Cally Staples-Hilll

November 1, 2012 at 10:35 pm

OMG Celeste you are BANGING!

Ahem.

Love the eyeshadow look! And i’m with you about the foundation thing – unfortunately my skin does not always behave and I have horrible acne scars – but some skin care is starting to help!
    Cally Staples-Hilll recently posted..Looking fresh as a daisy with Eles Mineral Matte Blush in Flirt

• Celeste

November 29, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Haha, Cally, you crack me up! What skincare has helped you with your acne scarring?

3. Norlin

November 29, 2012 at 9:36 am

Ah that’s amazing! Your skin is amazing! Yeah I think my age and lack of sunscreen over the years has caused my face to “grow” some spots. HATE them! And I’ve had to change my skincare regime so often it’s making my head spin! I want my skin before I came over to Australia – flawless..:/ Now…sigh, I just have to find the right one so I won’t need to use foundations or bb creams.
    Norlin recently posted..Colours of Summer: Coral & Mint

• Celeste

November 29, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Aw, thank you! I have to say I’m naughty and don’t use sunscreen much either. I preach a lot about it, but I rarely use it. =/ I don’t much like wearing sunscreen! They feel yuck. =( But your face is quite smooth also?! My memory tells me it was flawless!

4. Pingback: Cool Party Make-Up Looks | Fashion Addict Blog