NomNom: Strawberry Ice Cream with Recipe
It’s been so hot recently, what with Summer being around and all.
I’m really not a fan of the heat.
There are much I could say about my hatred for the heat, but suffice to say, I moved to a country with four seasons for a reason, damnit!
40+ degree days are really not my cup of tea, besides, my house has no air-conditioning so I melt into a puddle while sitting in front of a fan that pushes hot air around. Great.
In between melting, I made ice creams. Hey, if I’m going to melt, I’m going to damn well make sure I melt with something yummy melting in me, okay?
This is one of the easiest ice cream recipes there is. So simple, and so easy to put together.
- Strawberries – 1.5 cups
- Sugar – 2/3 cup
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Thickened Cream – 1.5 cups
- Vanilla Extract – 2 teaspoons
- Prep the strawberries, remove leaves and chop up into small cubes.
- Mix sugar, milk and vanilla extract together till the sugar has been well-combined.
- Add in the thickened cream.
- Add strawberries to the liquid mixture and stir well.
- Leave in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Churn into ice cream with your ice cream maker.
- Freeze the ice cream for 4-5 hours before indulging in one of the best ice creams ever!