Advertorial: You have been given a challenge – will you accept?

So… ‘fess up. How many of you actually go about doing day-to-day things without makeup? Do your makeup days outnumber your non-makeup days or is it the other way around?
For me, my non-makeup days actually outnumber my makeup days. I am fairly confident with my skin and while I do suffer terribly from a terrible self-image, it is not my face that worries me. Of course, having good skincare helps. And I’m glad to say that for the past few weeks, Clearasil’s Vitamin and Extracts Daily Wash has proven itself worthy of joining the ‘Good Skincare’ list.

If there’s one thing I have learnt on this journey of mine, it is that everybody is pretty. We are all pretty, in our own special way. And such prettiness is not something that can be taken away from us. But regretfully, there are many who do not recognize the value of such natural beauty, and that is when the layers and layers of makeup start piling on.

Don’t get me wrong, I love makeup. If I didn’t love makeup, you wouldn’t be reading this blog now. But I sincerely believe that makeup should not rule your life. There should be an equal amount of makeup days as there are non-makeup days. So I thought, why not show you just how I look without makeup on?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Here’s me looking all derpy with the rather gorgeous PZ. No makeup.

clearasil04

Here’s me again, at Morialta Park doing a morning walk. Again, no makeup.

clearasil05

And then, here’s me again with Sherry, just camwhoring in the car as we usually do. No makeup.

I love my no-makeup days. They feel amazing. You not only get to sleep more (as you don’t have to spend all that time putting makeup on), but you also get to do less cleansing afterwards as you don’t have to scrub hard to ensure all pigments are off. And hey, I’m lazy.

But really, this is what I truly believe: you do not need makeup to be beautiful. You do not need makeup to be gorgeous. You just need to be you, and with a little help from good skincare, you can definitely feel just as gorgeous without makeup as you do with makeup, with the outside matching the glow that is coming from within.
So here’s the thing, I’d like you to show me your non-makeup faces! Just take a #FOTD as per usual, but without makeup! Can you do it? I hope so, because one of you will be winning a Style Wardrobe Audit (worth up to $300) to help you improve your confidence and look your best when out and about, just for going makeup-less with me!

Competition

Your task: Take a photo of you without makeup, going about your everyday life. Share the photo with me by linking it in the comments. Then tell me how you felt without makeup on. Was it scary or was it liberating? Would you go for more no-makeup days?

This competition is open to all Australian residents and will end on the 15th of July. For the full T&Cs, please refer here.

11 Responses to "Advertorial: You have been given a challenge – will you accept?"

• TJ

July 7, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I don’t even feel the need to wear makeup since i stopped bothering when i was 15

1. Mayanthi Dharmabandu

July 10, 2013 at 11:51 am

Hey Celeste, Here is the link to my photo wearing no make-up (my dog is also not wearing any lol) I have to say I am used to wearing no make-up, during the day I usually just wear eye liner. Growing up my skin was really bad, I had pretty bad acne, so this led me to keep my face as clean as possible and not cover it up with make-up. So yea, Im pretty comfortable showing my bare skin, even though it’s not great skin I have to live with it! :)

2. Miss Sennnaa

July 10, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Here’s my most recent entry of me going out and about around the harbour with no to just eyeliner makeup on. I also have a video revealing my entirely makeup-less face.
    I love wearing makeup but i love having no makeup on my face even more as it will allow my skin to breathe.

-Miss Sennnaa
    BLOG: http://miss-sennnaa.blogspot.com
    Miss Sennnaa recently posted..I Miss Alice | The Other Side Photoshoot

3. Marie

July 10, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Competition Entry:

I don’t wear makeup everyday, so to me, it feels normal and very natural. The only time I did put on makeup was when I attended prom in High School and a family photoshoot (was forced to). I would definitely continue to go for more makeup days as it just allows me to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Here is a picture of me without makeup: http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/Exuvalia/Natural_zpsec441614.jpg
    Marie recently posted..My junk. Your treasure.

4. Sarah

July 10, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I’m not entering (as I don’t feel confident in pics without makeup due to my lack of sleep = bags! LOL), but just wanted to say that I think your skin looks amazing! Also, seeing the pics of the German pub (Hahndorf) in the background brings back happy memories for me (from Hahndorf but also travel in Germany). Maybe us Adelaydees need to organise a mini bus tour up there one day! :)
    Sarah recently posted..(I think I know) why have things have gone quiet with Hada Labo?

5. Monnie

July 11, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I feel a bit plain without eyeliner, that’s all! Makeup isn’t really a big deal for me unless I’m going to a party but apart from that I get around most days with minimal makeup anyway! Here’s me today, after a job interview and I took my makeup off when I got home. hope the link works https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A45qXGF1Dp5qv;A2F26492-61A3-4A2F-87B8-3524F83E0D15
    Monnie recently posted..Broadway Nails Press & Go Review in Tweetheart

6. Jennifer

July 12, 2013 at 12:16 am

Hi Celeste, I accept your challenge! And wow your skin looks naturally flawless :)

Here is my no-makeup pic, outside before I headed out. I hope you can see it: https://imageshack.com/scaled/medium/69/imhs.jpg

I felt kind of exposed to be out in public (especially in town where there’s lot of people) without any makeup on! I notice that most females in large shopping malls wear makeup and so when I didn’t… I felt odd. I normally where at least a bit of concealer and eyeliner to make myself look presentable and to cover up blemishes, even when I go to uni because it’s located in the city.

It was both scary and liberating, but more scary I’d say. Scared of being judged… or bumping into anyone I know while wearing no makeup… possibly looking like I had just gotten out of bed and had no time to prepare myself!

I would only go for more no-makeup days when I’m at home (of course), going grocery shopping or going out to watch a movie. I’d struggle to do it daily!

7. Shai Coggins

July 15, 2013 at 12:13 am

Looking great, even without the make-up! :)

I have more no make-up days now too because I work from home. But, I rarely take pics without makeup. My absolute minimum: tinted moisturizer + blush + lipstick or lip gloss. The rest are add-ons. :)
    Shai Coggins recently posted..Greatly: July 2013

8. Alex

July 15, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Hope that horrible looking link works! And god I hate taking photos of myself! But generally I am pretty happy to go make-up-less (perfume-less – a whole different story). I actually think I look the best straight out of the shower, all clean and freshly moisturised. That, IMO, looks better than makeup can do later in the day, when it’s started to slip or look shiny.
    Alex recently posted..Beef Stew with Balsamic Vinegar and Capsicums

9. E-von (Sewislife)

July 15, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I totally agree with you, if you look after your base then you don’t need to wear too much make up. You look so youthful without makeup because you have lovely skin Celeste!

I feel ok about going make-up free because I am lazy like that hehe. And plus with young children it is hard to find the time to doll-up. I’m happy with the skin I am in, funny how as you grow older you become comfortable with the gifts you are given :)

But there are times when I want to make an effort, playing with make up and new looks. I wear make up more for the fun of it, than to cover up.

Here is my no make-up photo… http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/v65t.jpg/